Comic Relief Community Cash
Comic Relief, Western Morning News and Cornwall Community Foundation bring Comic Relief Communtiy Cash to Cornwall.
Comic Relief Community Cash grants of £500-£1,000 are available to small organisations in Cornwall that are doing great work to help local people living tough lives.
Who can apply
Grants are available to constituted community organisations, registered charities, social enterprises, co-operatives and community interest companies. Groups which have been established for less than 12 months are eligible to apply.
Groups eligible to apply for Comic Relief Community Cash grants need to:
• Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area
• Be small local groups with an income of less than £100,000 in the last year
• Be run by local people
• Have limited access to other sources of income
• Deliver inclusive activities that are clearly benefiting disadvantaged people
Examples of the type of activities we will fund:
• Counselling and advice services
• Disability sports clubs/activities
• Training, skill building and volunteering projects
• Community groups and set up costs for new groups
• Support groups
Who cannot apply
• Organisations who are in receipt of a grant directly from Comic Relief (organisations who have received Comic Relief grants via Cornwall Community Foundation are eligible to apply)
• Political organisations
• Statutory organisations, including schools
• National organisations, unless the application is submitted by a local office with a separate management committee, bank account and governing documents
Grants will not be awarded to the following:
• To fund trips abroad
• To fund buses, mini buses or other community transport schemes (not including transport costs forming part of a project)
• To fund building costs, including access adaptations to buildings
The deadline for applications has been extended to Wednesday 17th May at 5pm. Decisions will be made on the 12th June 2017
Application is via an online form - click on the link below to begin the application process.