Moved to Cornwall in 1993 having married Michele who is Cornish and now live near St Austell with our two children. Have supported a number of charities and organizations and continue to do so. Very keen that charitable giving in Cornwall benefits Cornwall and reaches those most in need of support and best able to maximize the support provided.
Employment 1999 – date
Coodes Solicitors, St Austell, Cornwall.
Partner since 1999 – family law specialist.
Professional Positions and Memberships
- Member of the Law Society Family Panel.
- Member of the Law Society Children Panel.
- Accredited Member of Resolution, Committee Member and former Chair of Cornwall Resolution
- Deputy District Judge of the Western Circuit since 2004
- Family Financial Arbitrator - Member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
- Chair of Cornwall Family Justice Board (Solicitors representative).
- Former Chairman of St Austell (Restormel) Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Vice President of Relate – Cornwall.
- Cornwall Community Foundation – Trustee and Chair of Cornwall 100 club Grants Panel .
- Family and Children Panel Assessor for The Law Society.
- Independent Legally Qualified Chair of the Police Misconduct Hearing Panels for Devon & Cornwall and Dorset Police.
- Costs Review Assessor for the Legal Aid Agency
- Former Trustee of CLEAR
- Volunteer Board Member of Young Enterprise Cornwall
- Member of Peninsula Learning Trust